Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default bowl blanks

On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 4:22:39 PM UTC-6, Electric Comet wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 15:34:33 -0800 (PST)
" wrote:

location is 2 hours from Des Moines. He lives near Cedar Rapids,

more eyes on it i would guess is why

Iowa City. And as stated, the price is crazy dumb. Get a Stihl

no one pays asking on cl but some people like their stuff more than
anyone else and never sell it due to that
they just will not come to a reasonable price

chainsaw for a few hundred bucks and cut your own.

lot of turners like buying ready made blanks
they have no chainsaw and they have no lumber source

they just click and it gets shipped to their front door

OK. My parents have several farms with creeks and rivers running through them. I can get fresh bowl blanks any day of the week with a chainsaw and pickup truck. And they know people with similar farms and trees. Every time I visit my parents they have a burn pile of trees that could be turned into turning blanks. No exotic rain forest jungle woods. But some American hardwoods I would guess are in the pile.