Posted to uk.d-i-y
RobertL RobertL is offline

Default HiFi (OT)

On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 12:41:49 PM UTC, DerbyBorn wrote:
at one time with turntables we used to study specifications looking at Wow
and Flutter, Rumble and other characterisitics.

You can now buy a turntable for about £50 to output to a MP3 file.

Are they rubbish - or isn't the medium selective enough for the cheap
mechanical features to matter?

I suspect they are rubbish, but I have wonderedthe same thing. I have a lot of LPs that i've not heard since I was young (1970s) and I also have the original GL75 turntable I used to play them on. My plan (one day) is to connect up the GL75 to a PC and make CDs of the vinyl. I actually want all the pops and crackles because I am so familiar with them and they will be part of the nostalgic experience.

Daft I know.

Robert