Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default HiFi (OT)

On 17/01/17 13:39, dennis@home wrote:
On 17/01/2017 12:41, DerbyBorn wrote:
at one time with turntables we used to study specifications looking at
Wow
and Flutter, Rumble and other characterisitics.

You can now buy a turntable for about £50 to output to a MP3 file.

Not worth it when you can just download an MP3.
I consider it just a legal to do so as recording the record.
Neither will get you into trouble.

Are they rubbish - or isn't the medium selective enough for the cheap
mechanical features to matter?

Rubbish, but probably better than the old SP25s people had.

Why on earth would you want the crappiest format possible, instead of a
more modern lossless high bitrate encoding?