Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus30522 Ignoramus30522 is offline

Default Rising machine tool prices

People, anyone who is complaining about rising prices on anything is
totally missing the point.

We live in an era of continuing and accelerating progress. Everything
is becoming much better, more powerful, convenient and functional and
safe.

Even cars are becoming better. I have a chevy 2500 pickup with 160k
miles on it and it still drives like new. A couple things had to be
fixed (transmission and starter) but aside from that, this truck is by
far better than anything that existed before. I have cell phones,
internet, facebook, safe to use drill presses, CNC machinery that
costs a fraction of manual machinery to operate, etc.

I am delighted that I live in 2016 and not in 1916.