Default Fridge as a freezer?

John Marples wrote:

I've got an old, small fridge, with a small freezer in it. When I set
the temperature to coldest, the entire fridge drops to about -18C (0F).
Will it damage the fridge, or cause problems if I use it as a freezer?

JM

we bought a new refrigerator, one of those side by sides... the old
refrigerator went into the garage and is full of softdrinks from top to
bottom... set it cold and have ice cold drinks.. well we put some ice
cream in the freezer part and it was kinda mushy (the icecream) looked
in the book for the old one and it said that if you want the freezer or
refrigerator part colder/warmer you adjust this knob(the one that just
controls a plastic wand inside the back of the appliance that diverts
the flow of air from the freezeer to the refrigerator section.. that is
probably what you have done.... the air from the freezer part is going
to the refrigerator section... it works if that is what you want.....