Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default will they stand behind the tools still

On 1/15/2017 4:39 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 16:18:39 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 1/15/2017 3:20 PM, Bill wrote:
Electric Comet wrote:
birds of a feather flock together so now craftsman stanley and black
decker will all become equally crappy

but i wonder if the craftsman tools with lifetime guarantee will still
be honored or will they just throw that out and go for complete
mediocrity

If you just spent 900 million on the company, what would you do?

What you paid for a company has nothing to do with whether you honor old
guarantees/warranties or not.

You may or may not be obligated to honor those warranties.

You are simply the new owner of the company, the company still has legal
obligations.

Depends what they bought. In many cases a company buys the right to
use the name, and the designs, and possibly other assetts of the
company, but not the company itself. In the case of Craftsman, I'm
not sure a Craftsman "company" exists. I believe it is just a "brand"
owned up until the sale, by Sears.

I'm pretty certain Craftsman is a company, Sears bought that company
about 92 years ago. ;~)

What all that company manufactures is probably limited. Lawnmowers,
power tools etc is probably just the name like Ridgid ww tools.