Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default How many appliances should be on one breaker?

On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 16:26:39 -0000, trader_4 wrote:

On Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 4:53:16 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 16:21:37 -0000, trader_4 wrote:

On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 5:32:57 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 21:38:15 -0000, trader_4 wrote:

Every wire should be fused at the limit of that wire. I can't believe you guys are stupid enough to have 1 amp cord protected at 15 amps.

I can't believe you're so stupid period.

Thanks for proving my point that you're an idiot. Your reply has no information in it whatsoever.

No, clearly the problem is that you can't understand or just ignore
the information
provided. As exemplified by your stupidity on claiming concrete
is an insulator. Everyone
here provided you with overwhelming info from credible source, eg
code authorities that cite concrete encased electrodes as one of
the preferred earth grounds, yet you just ignore it and drone on.
Now you're doing the same dumb thing again.

I have a multimeter, I know it's an insulator. But then my concrete isn't dunked below the water table like an electrode. We were discussing concrete slab under a house, which will not be even damp, or you'd have a very soggy carpet.

Again fool, look up concrete encased electrode.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ufer_ground

"When homes are built on concrete slabs, it is common practice to bring one end of the rebar up out of the concrete at a convenient location to make an easy connection point for the grounding electrode.[4]

The Ufer Ground is an electrical earth grounding method developed during World War II. It uses a concrete-encased electrode to improve grounding in dry areas. The technique is used in construction of concrete foundations.
During World War II, the U.S. Army required a grounding system for bomb storage vaults near Tucson and Flagstaff, Arizona. Conventional grounding systems did not work well in this location since the desert terrain had no water table and very little rainfall. The extremely dry soil conditions would have required hundreds of feet of copper rods to be inserted into the ground in order to create a low enough impedance ground to protect the buildings from lightning strikes.

You;re like a compass that constantly points in the wrong direction.
Pretty much whatever you say, we know it's wrong.

http://www.cement.org/for-concrete-b...ctive-concrete

This is SPECIAL concrete, with stuff added to make it conduct more. It's still enough resistance to create a large heater. If you were right and it was a ground, that would short out their idea completely.

--
An old black-and-white photograph of a man milking a cow was sent to a photo-finishing company.
The man was sitting behind the cow, and all that was visible of him were his legs and feet.