Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Eric Bramwell jailed 22 years for stealing universal *televisionremote control* !

On 15/01/2017 15:44, Jake Ballard wrote:
On 1/10/2017 12:46 PM, Bod wrote:
I've got it, but it still seems way OTT to me. No wonder your jails
are so full. Spend more money on rehabilitation and you'll get a
percentage of prisoners who will stop re-offending.
Seems like a sledgehammer to crack a nut to me.

From https://www.nij.gov/topics/correctio...s/welcome.aspx :

"Within three years of release, about two-thirds (*67.8 percent*) of
released prisoners were rearrested. Within five years of release, about
three-quarters (*76.6 percent*) of released prisoners were rearrested.
Of those prisoners who were rearrested, more than half (56.7 percent)
were arrested by the end of the first year."

So as you can see, rehabilitation has a very poor success rate. OTOH,
capital punishment is a 100% cure. Never a repeat offender.

But are your prisoners actually getting any rehabilitation?