Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Automatic windscreen wipers and frost

In article ,
charles wrote:
Of course even the earlier intermittent wipe isn't perfect. Needs a
different interval depending on how light the rain is.

one car I owned allowed me to vary the interval. It might have been a
SEAT.

Very first car I had with this did too - a Rover P6. It wasn't electronic,
but pneumatic. Allowed infinite variation between min and max.

Problem is you spend more time fiddling with it to try and get it just
right as using a single wipe type. Hence, I'd guess the invention of the
rain sense types.

It's possible they work very well with a brand new screen. Both my cars
fitted with it were used, so didn't have 100% perfect screens.

--
*Ever stop to think and forget to start again?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.