Posted to uk.d-i-y
grjw grjw is offline

Default Automatic windscreen wipers and frost

"The Peeler" wrote in message
web.com...
On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 09:09:19 +1100, grjw wrote:

Sure, I certainly used to wash filthy greasy overalls in hot water but
don't need to do any of that sort of work on the cars anymore, so
that hasn't happened for decades now, likely 40 years now.

Same with greasy hands (after repairing a bike, e.g.)

I havent done any of that for something like 40 years either

where some dirt won't easily come off even
with special soaps but will with warm water.

I could get quite a bit of blood on clothes at times when
I was taking clopidigrel as a blood thinning after the heart
attack when I managed to cut myself to gouge out a patch
of skin when I whacked the arm against something, but
that comes out in cold water fine.

Yes, blood has to be removed with ONLY cold water (and quickly).

I don't find the quickly matters, even a week till it gets washed works
fine.

Hot water will make the stain last forever and not
even special blood stain removers will help much then.