Posted to uk.d-i-y
grjw grjw is offline

Default Automatic windscreen wipers and frost

"The Peeler" wrote in message
eb.com...
On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 19:48:33 +1100, grjw wrote:

Washing machine - electric.

Nothing else needs hot water.

Wouldn't surprise me if you didn't wash your hands after having a
****.

Soap operates in cold water. Why wait for the hot water to reach the
tap along the pipe from the boiler?

Odd. Most people many many years ago found out that hot water aids the
cleaning process.

Even you may have noticed your washing machine doesn't use cold water.

Mine does, and washes stuff fine.

Must be one of those cheapo plastic "washing machines" without heating
elements where you poor in the water by hand.

Nope, standard washing machine.

If it's a standard washing
machine that can use low temperatures (which are still quite higher than
cold tab water),

It uses the cold tap water and doesn't heat it at all
with the program I use.

it will take up to 3 hours to complete the washing to
compensate for the missing effect of the higher temperatures.

Wrong again.

Anyway, it depends of course a lot on the fibre of your "stuff" and the
degree of the soiling. But your stuff will develop greyness after a while
anyway, if you don't use hot water,

Nope. I don't have any white stuff tho. I choose not
to have any of that because it looks dirty too quickly.

and it will be difficult to remove then.
But then, some people don't mind.

And some have a clue and don't wear white anything.

Don't have white sheets or towels either.