Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Automatic windscreen wipers and frost

On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 00:18:46 -0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
My last two cars have had them - rain sensing. But they cancel when
you switch off the engine - even if you leave the switch in that
position. You have to reset the switch after starting the engine.
Anything else would be stupid.

Eh? AUTOMATIC wipers should not need any switches pressed. I'd expect
them to just start working when it rained

Brilliant. Drive into a car wash and the wipers get ripped off. Or they
take your eye out when leaning over the car.

I'd expect an auto, on, off position. And I'd expect to be able to leave it on auto unless I wanted to override it for some reason, not have to tell it every time it starts raining, which makes them no more useful than manual!

What stupid car have you got where they are always active?

I haven't got automatic wipers.

--
All religions are part of Operation Mind****: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mind****