Posted to uk.d-i-y
Corporal Jones[_2_] Corporal Jones[_2_] is offline

Default Yet more Smart Meters

On 11/01/2017 11:54, Davey wrote:
I read here some weeks ago that the installation of a Smart Meter was
not mandatory, but I have just received a notice about the impending
installation of a water meter in Essex.

It includes this note:

"Do I have to have a meter?

Yes, where technically possible. The Secretary of State for the
Environment has approved our plan to meter customers' properties
because we are operating in an area designated as being under severe
water stress."

In this case, as the place is subject to limited occupation, say
about one week per month on average, having metering may well be
advantageous, and I have the option of remaining on the old payment
system for up to two years.

Some 2 years ago my water supplier wrote to me to inform that they will
be fitting a water meter.

They came along my street fitting meters but not mine as my stop tap was
too old? to be converted (house built in '37)

Letter through the door said they would be back in January to fit the
meter, this was January 2016.

Maybe I could have a little earner piping my water to my two neighbours
who are metered!