Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Allread[_2_] Mark Allread[_2_] is offline

Default Automatic windscreen wipers and frost

On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 14:36:57 +0000, charles wrote:

In article ,
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 14:17:21 -0000, Mark Allread
wrote:

True - like the people who cannot be bothered to clear snow off car
roof and/or bonnet.

I don't. What makes you think that's dangerous? It falls off at some
point and you just activate the wipers once.

snow on the roof is most likely to blow off into the windscreen of the
car behind. That is why the Police will stop you and probably fine you.

I didn't see the reply until you posted (I don't see any of his unless
someone replies to him) but he's clearly not experienced enough to
understand the dangers of snow on the roof (it can also slip forward
under braking and block the windscreen) or have snow blow back from the
bonnet.