Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_6_] Meanie[_6_] is offline

Default Eric Bramwell jailed 22 years for stealing universal *televisionremote control* !

On 1/10/2017 1:38 PM, Bod wrote:
On 10/01/2017 18:20, Meanie wrote:
On 1/10/2017 12:14 PM, Bod wrote:
On 10/01/2017 16:15, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 10:58:58 AM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 15:35:06 +0000, Bod wrote:

Is this story a joke or what?

Eric Bramwell stole the remote from the shared common area at his
apartment complex in Wheaton, in the DuPage County in Illinois.
According to the Chicago Tribune, the stolen television remote was
the
last straw as Bramwell was known as a serial thief.
The 35-year-old was found guilty in November after his DNA was
found on
a glove that was dropped in the apartment after the theft of the
universal television remote, which was stolen in August 2015.

Go read the court documents, which are public and most likely online,
for the answer. If he steals a television remote in prison he will
probably get an ass whippin'

"Judge Robert Miller €“ who handed down the 22-year sentence Wednesday
€“ previously gave Bramwell a six-month sentence for contempt in
November after Bramwell told the judge, €œF--k you, go suck my d--k and
go f--k yourself,€ DuPage County State's Attorney Robert Berlin says."

Probably not a smart idea to say that to the judge.

"Bramwell was indicted by a grand jury on two counts. The first €“ for
the theft of the TV remote €“ featured DNA evidence on a glove, so the
prosecutors office decided not to take to trial the second count for
a subsequent burglary at the same building.

€œIn the interest of justice, we decided not to proceed on [count
two],€ Berlin says. The second count, however, was presented at
Bramwell's sentencing as an aggravating factor.

The prosecutor says Bramwell, after his arrest for stealing the TV
remote, confessed to committing a total of 60 burglaries in the area,
though Berlin says Bramwell did argue he was innocent at trial."

And he can be out in just 11 years if he learns his lesson, reforms
and behaves himself. What people fail to realize is the huge
emotional
toll this puts on those 60 burglary victims. Maybe if Bod had his
house
broken into, his personal things taken, he'd begin to understand. And
of course if this guy were given 6 months, left to his ways and finally
had an encounter with some homeowner where either the homeowner wound
up dead or Bramwell wound up dead, Bod would be here bitching about
that.

Ah, the newspaper report that I saw didn't mention the 60 burglaries
or the verbal abuse to the Judge. Norty newspapers!

Go figure. You're probably reading the same news source about our gun
issues.

Even so, a 22 year sentence is ridiculous, IMO.

No, it's not. That's justice for repeat/habitual offenders. My only
problem with it is my tax dollars contributing to his upkeep.