Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

On Sun, 8 Jan 2017 22:36:56 -0500, Bill
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

OTOH, the internet has made many thousands of products available that
cannot be found locally at any price. Lowe's is 7 miles, Woodcraft is
about 30 miles, but even they don't have everything.

I had a chance to visit Highland Woodworking while in Atlanta last week.
I can easily recommend them to anyone here as a nice place to visit if
in Atlanta. I controlled myself and limited myself to a new "Lost Arts
Press" book (on mouldings) which I had been eyeing before my visit, but
I feel like I have more interest in their web site now than I did
before. Being apparently impartial, they have some tools from both Lie
Nielsen and Veritas, for instance. I tried to step around the "green
tool" section, without getting anything on me. : )

I get there once a month or so. If I get out of there dropping less
than a Franklin, SWMBO is happy. Then there are the green days. ;-)