Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 09:19:59 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 1/9/2017 8:48 AM, notbob wrote:

Martin Eastburn wrote:

Time will tell. Don't forget Diehard and other trade names....

Hard to forget brand names I avoid like the plague. My boss bought a
Diehard marine battery. We hadda replace it within the week.

FWIW, most all batteries are manufactured by just a few manufacturers.
No batteries are exempt from being DOA. Personally I have had good luck
with DieHard and what ever brand Toyota sells.

Sure but, just like appliances, they are made to the seller's
specifications and they are treated differently by the retailers
before installation.