Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Eric Bramwell jailed 22 years for stealing universal *televisionremote control* !

On 10/01/2017 17:35, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 12:20:31 PM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
On 10/01/2017 16:49, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 11:23:51 AM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 08:15:10 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

The prosecutor says Bramwell, after his arrest for stealing the TV remote, confessed to committing a total of 60 burglaries in the area, though Berlin says Bramwell did argue he was innocent at trial."

Some states have habitual criminal or three-strike laws. No sire
about Illinois.

That is exactly what he was sentenced under, IL habitual offender law.

Hmm, he was sentenced under a Class X felony.I didn't see a Class X

offence in the list of Class X offences. Habitual offender wasn't on the
list.

Idiot. He was sentenced under the IL habitual offender law, which applies
Class X *sentencing* to habitual offenders, who have committed multiple
felonies, are career criminals. There is no reqt that he actually
commit a class X felony. Got it now? Probably not.

I've got it, but it still seems way OTT to me. No wonder your jails

are so full. Spend more money on rehabilitation and you'll get a
percentage of prisoners who will stop re-offending.
Seems like a sledgehammer to crack a nut to me.