Posted to rec.woodworking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

On 2017-01-09, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
On 1/9/2017 1:59 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, January 9, 2017 at 9:48:36 AM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
Martin Eastburn wrote:

Time will tell. Don't forget Diehard and other trade names....

Hard to forget brand names I avoid like the plague. My boss bought a
Diehard marine battery. We hadda replace it within the week.

Silvertone is long gone.

Thank goodness fer small favors! I once had a Silvertone bass
amplifier. Brand new, it was already crap and I returned it to Sears
the next day.

Their guitars/basses were made by Dan Electro and they were also junk.
I hadda buddy who bragged he'd scored a DE Long-Horn bass. He paid
$600 for it and thought he's scored some kinda hot deal. I played it
and told him, "This cost about $75USD, new, and it certainly isn't
worth that much, now". I found another DE guitar at my jammin'
buddy's house. I'm not sure, but I think the high-end strings I gave
him ($10 set), to re-string that guitar, were worth more than the
guitar.

You see a lotta Dan Electro's in use, these days. The "lipstick"
pick-up is held in high esteem by many of today's hipsters. The
guitar, itself, is still essentially junk.

nb

They're not Dan Electro guitars, they're Danelectro guitars.

You lose a little credibility when you call them Dan Electro guitars.
Almost makes one think that you don't know what you are talking about.

Not just almost... ;~)