Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_17_] Muggles[_17_] is offline

Default ow women's liberation began with Jesus

On 1/8/2017 11:42 PM, T wrote:
On 01/07/2017 12:03 PM, Muggles wrote:
Matthew 23:9
New International Version

And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and
he is in heaven.

Then it says

10 Nor are you to be called instructors [teacher/rabbi], for you have
one Instructor, the Messiah

and

11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 For those who exalt
themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be
exalted.

And that is why taking things one sentence at a time
can lead to wild misinterpretations. If in doubt, ask
yourself why those personally taught by Jesus used both
words.

It is an admonition against our pomposity (versus 11 and 12).
Not a command to not use certain works (father and teacher).
And a great example of how things can be taken wildly out of
context when one only relies on himself to interpret
what he reads. And why we need an authority over the bible.
So misinterpretations don't take on a life of their own.

I don't think so. It's not about one particular sentence - it's about
the principle and attitudes of putting men on a pedestal and giving them
the honor and glory that is only meant for Christ when they're only just
men.

Men are just men, as in mankind. Authority comes from God - not men put
in the position of having authority over others. Those in authority
only have the measure of authority the people allow them to have over
them, and when those in authority believe their "special", that's when
they stop being servants and expect the people to serve them.
--
Maggie