Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default GOP Rep Introduces National Concealed Carry Reciprocity On DayOne of New Congress

On Monday, January 9, 2017 at 11:50:37 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 07:33:41 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

We'll see what happens. I agree, I feel sorry for some of the people
who get caught up in this. For example, there have been some poor
*******s that checked guns with the airline in TX, on their way to
Maine to go hunting. So, they are routed through JFK, their connecting
flight is cancelled because of weather and they are stuck there over
night. So, they retrieve their luggage, go off to a local hotel.
Next morning, they come back to the airline counter, tell them that
they want to check in their luggage which includes the guns, the
airline calls the cops and they are arrested. And NYC has a mandatory
sentence for illegal possession, which they are charged with.

I was curious about that and it sounds like more was involved because
I have never been able to get my luggage on a delayed flight. The
airline gives you a little kit with a toothbrush, cheap T shirt, a
comb and sends you off to the hotel. (in first class). I guess coach
passengers just fight for a bench in the airport.

I had my luggage made available to me at London Heathrow. I was on
my way to Milan, but the connecting flight got cancelled. So, I
decided to stay in London for the night and asked them to give me
my luggage, which they did. IDK what the policy is, could vary
by airline and country. And in that case, there was a much later
flight to Milan, it's just I figured I'd take advantage of visiting
London for 24 hours. I flew out the next morning, and when I
was in the air was when the big London subway attack happened.