Posted to alt.home.repair
songbird songbird is offline

Default excellent price on LEDs yesterday

Uncle Monster wrote:
Is this what the lights look like? The shape leads me to believe that the lamps are easy to install and remove. The bulbs could outlast the fixtures, meaning someone could remodel and transfer the lamps to a new light bar. It's also a bit depressing to think that a $3.00 light bulb could outlive me. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-60W-Eq...K-96/205783755

[8~{} Uncle Glowing Monster

yes, except instead of a three pack they were
six to the pack for $2.88 for the entire pack.

i turned on all the lights in the house this
evening to see what it looked like all lit up.
very fun. then turned them all off again except
for the usual one or two we use.

in doing some quick math and running all the
numbers from before it came down to total watts
before to about 1740 vs 393 (for all our installed
lights in the house). of which half the time we
actually use about 20 - 30 watts for lights and
the rest of the time 40% would be 84 watts more
and the other 10% of the time would vary by how
many track lights we turn on.

so to put it in payback terms on the power bill
it might take a few months to a year to pay back
the expense because we use the track lights
infrequently, but when we do they pay for one
bulb every few hours of use.

songbird