Posted to rec.woodworking

Default TS Circuit -- Part 2

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in news:A92dnc2hrtp3fu_FnZ2dnUU7-
:

The Anderson connectors look to be more of a connector intended to be
left in tact, ie. most electrical connections in vehicles. They may be
a PIA to hook an accessory up to on a daily basis.

The ones I saw look more like a more secure version of the old
automotive spade connectors.

They're rated for 10,000 connect/disconnect cycles, and take
approximately 3 lbs of force to do so. For a 2-position PowerPole block,
the force rating is probably true. For a larger block, it's a little
harder.

https://powerwerx.com/anderson-power...mp-unassembled

One of the problems we constantly experience with cigarette lighter plugs
is they come out so easily. PowerPoles still connect and disconnect
readily, but won't come apart with a tiny tug on the power cable.

I haven't ever tried them with something heavy hanging off the end like a
power converter, so I don't know how they'd handle that situation.

Puckdropper