Colbyt

Default Mystery Bathroom Leak ***UPDATE***

"Billy" wrote in message
Today, I did one thing not done yet, and that was to *not* twist the
diverter valve back from the shower side to the tub side. I though of it
because the water that flows out of the faucet when I return the diverter
from shower to tub is just about a cup full or more, and any backwash that
is not coming out would explain the small amount we see exiting the

ceiling.
Moreso that it looks like "fresh" water leaking - not soap scum sewage.

The diverter lever would have some form of "packing nut" or "stem bushing".
I haven't taken one apart for quite a few years. I should say I think it
would drain to the tub before leaking to the wall on at least an 80/20
ratio.

If you are reasonably handy it might be a DIY project. Might be as simple
as tightening the packing nut ( the nut that holds the stem in place). No
more complicated than removing the diverter valve and replacing everything
you find behind it. Most likely you will need to visit a plumbing supply
house to secure the parts not likely found at Lowes or HD.