Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_17_] Muggles[_17_] is offline

Default OT, Snow!

On 1/7/2017 8:13 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 01/07/2017 02:53 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 1/7/2017 3:29 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 7 Jan 2017 14:05:55 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

Pussy. We had -19 Wednesday morning, missing the record by 2
degrees. We
also just missed the record for the coldest high temperature for
January. This global warming really sucks. This is supposed to be the
Montana Banana Belt not frigging North Dakota.

Yikes! How often do people have trouble starting their vehicles at
those
temps?

Some places up Nawth use engine block heaters overnight to keep the
block from freezing, cracking and the freeze out plugs from popping
out. I'll never go back.

Oh yeah .. I think I've heard of engine block heaters at some point.
Someone here probably has mentioned it a time or two, I think.

When I was a kid I just put an old electric hotplate under the
crankcase. Never even burned the garage down. Sometimes a 100W light
bulb under the hood would do the trick. Note to millenials: a 100W
equivalent LED ain't going to keep a sparrow warm.

LOL

--
Maggie