Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Conducting concrete

On Sat, 07 Jan 2017 21:54:13 -0000, Dean Hoffman wrote:

On Sat, 07 Jan 2017 20:53:10 -0000, Dean Hoffman

On Fri, 06 Jan 2017 01:36:40 -0000, FromTheRafters
wrote:

Some cut due to aioe quotation limits.

All materials conduct, some better than others.

And in this case it's so insignificant it's nothing. Lightning might go
through it....

The U.S. National Electrical Code has a special section, Article
547, for
livestock confinement buildings. Critters are four foot drive compared
to human two
foot drive. That makes them a lot more susceptible to stray current.
It talks about creating an equipotential plane on the concrete floor.
It takes a lot
or rebar and/or wire mesh. I've read it's similar to that for swimming
pools.
Critters won't drink or dairy cows won't release their milk if getting
shocked.

Cows **** and **** everywhere, the concrete is wet. The water conducts,
not the concrete.

The rebar and wire mesh are down in the concrete below the wet
surface.
How would either help if the concrete didn't conduct the current down to
their
level?
Dairies have to be clean and get inspected from what I've heard.

You think the **** doesn't soak through the concrete?

--
Drive defensively. Buy a tank.