Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_17_] Muggles[_17_] is offline

Default OT, Snow!

On 1/7/2017 3:13 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 7 Jan 2017 11:18:58 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 1/7/2017 6:43 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Uncle Monster wrote:
I looked out into the courtyard yesterday afternoon and there it was.
That rare thing for The South which causes complete chaos when it
shows up. Kind of like a herd of toddlers coming for a visit. ?(.?.)?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/snow-stor...075524659.html

[8~{} Uncle Snow Monster

We got up and there it was yesterday ... right now it's 7°F and my wife
just called in to work because the snow melted and refroze into ice on the
roads . The neighbor almost slid off our dirt road yesterday afternoon down
into the "ravine" . We ain't goin' nowhere until the roads are cleared .

All the main roads here are clear, but, pavement that's in the shadows
and side streets that weren't treated still have a dusting of snow on
it. When I drove the truck this morning all the snow on it just blew
off, and the truck looked like a dust storm going down the road until
all the dusting of snow had blown off.

We had over a foot before Christmas - then got a thaw that knocked
that down by half - and another 8 inches after New Years - with half
an inch at a time since.. My brother up between Huntsville and Parry
sound says there is 5 feet in places, but they can't open the
snowmobile trails because the swamps are not frozen - he spent 5 hours
getting his machine out of the mud when he was out monitoring the
trails through his propeerty last week.

yikes! That's still a lot of snow and mud!

--
Maggie