Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Cars have definitely changed

On Sat, 07 Jan 2017 16:10:28 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
Don't some vehicles sold under different badges share *any* body parts
then (I thought they did)?

Austin and Morris minis.

Yeah, I knew about them ...

Austin, MG, Vanden-plas 1100's

Didn't know about them. Mind you, I don't suppose there is anything
wrong with having an MG badged 1100 as there isn't a VDP badged
Allegro. ;-)

Morris 10 / Hindustan 10 in 54. Was that the oldest (I can't imagine
it was).

Remember MG stands for Morris Garages,

Didn't know that.

and the very first MGs were simply
modified Morris.

Like the MG Metro or before that (Magnet)?

And they've shared the basic mechanicals of 'lesser'
saloons ever since.

Sure.

As an aside I was watching a 'How it's made' on Nascar cars the other
day. It looked like they were all the same (bits of panel tacked onto
a tubular frame), just with different colours and stickers ... or
maybe this was just one car builder?

That said, if they all have to conform to a very tight spec they might
as well be made in the same factory. ;-)

Cheers, T i m