Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

woodchucker wrote in
:

Are you really saving when you spend over $100 to join prime?
In my case I don't watch much TV, so I wouldn't benefit by the TV
shows. I prefer to spend it in the shop. I guess my wife would watch,
but my high speed is limited to 6mb as I live out in the boonies.

I have noticed that with my son's Prime there are a lot of items that
are ineligible to add to your cart on prime.. meaning you have to add
more items before they will ship that on prime.. I would have to look
back on my purchases to around april last year, but I had to pad an
order for them to ship cerain things even through prime. Even though
I had spent enough, those items did not add to the total b4 shipping.
WTF!!!

I do think the 2 day is nice, he ordered a bunch of stuff for
Christmas and had it shipped here. Often it came before 8:30 in the
morn. Sometimes b4 8.

It's a fair question, and if it wasn't for the Instant Video (works just
fine on 6 mbps, it was usually decent on 3.) and maybe the music it
wouldn't be worth it. I love the free shipping and use it quite often,
but can wait another couple days for stuff to arrive.

The problem with the Instant Video and Music is that they're subscription
services. That means you can watch something until they take it away
from you. They might add it back later, but you'll never know because
you removed it from your watch/play lists because you couldn't use it any
more. It happens rather frequently.

Puckdropper