Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

On 1/6/2017 9:44 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/6/2017 7:33 PM, wrote:

From past experience, B&D could be the death knell for Craftsman. The
only thing B&D does well is marketing.

According to the news they paid $900million for it

And while that might sound like a lot, I think 3 or 4 quarterly losses
out of the past 20 quarterly losses would eat that 900 million up.

Every town does not need multiple stores, get rid of the overages.
I'm sure Sears will still profit from Craftsman sales and probably not
as much but a store that is loosing money tends to stay that way and
mostly because of over saturation. I go to stores farther away as the
same brand that are closer stores very often.