Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

On 1/6/2017 5:54 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
John McCoy wrote in
:

Probably worth noting (since we're all dudes here) that this
is something women have suffered with for years. No two makers
of ladieswear use quite the same set of sizes - my girlfriend
can be a 4, 6, or 8, a XS, S, or M, and never knows until she
starts trying stuff on.

John

It's the same way with shoes. People keep insisting shoe sizes are the
same, but that just doesn't match my reality. I just sent back a size 9
boot to trade for an 8.5, but I have a 9.5 shoe that fits perfectly. The
boots I'm wearing now are 10's.

If I had my way about it, the foot would be measured and the shoe would
be specified to fit the measurements of the foot.

You CAN have your foot measured and a boot or shoe made to fit but I
don't think you would want to pay the price, at least $500, add another
thousand for boots.