Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Snow!

Frosty wrote:
On 01/07/2017 07:43 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Uncle Monster wrote:
I looked out into the courtyard yesterday afternoon and there it
was. That rare thing for The South which causes complete chaos when
it shows up. Kind of like a herd of toddlers coming for a visit.
?(.?.)?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/snow-stor...075524659.html

[8~{} Uncle Snow Monster

We got up and there it was yesterday ... right now it's 7°F and my
wife just called in to work because the snow melted and refroze into
ice on the roads . The neighbor almost slid off our dirt road
yesterday afternoon down into the "ravine" . We ain't goin' nowhere
until the roads are cleared .

Go hunker down in your safe space, Cupcake.

I live in northern Michigan. We get almost daily snow and/or ice
from November through March. Never missed a day of work because of
it.

Oh do please **** off . The difference is that up there y'all are prepared
for snow and ice . It's a rare enough occurence here that we don't have a
fleet of snowplows to keep the roads clear . It might be 3 or 4 days before
the county's road graders make it down here to our dirt road . If I really
really had to get out I have chains , but just so Walmart can make a buck on
the wife's labor isn't worth the effort . And BTW , I grew up in snow
country , and have no qualms about driving on snow-covered roads . But up
here they get iced , and winding mountain roads are dangerous .
--
Snag