Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

On 1/6/17 10:45 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 06 Jan 2017 19:34:58 -0500,
wrote:

On Fri, 6 Jan 2017 15:52:47 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 1/6/2017 3:00 PM, Jack wrote:
On 1/6/2017 10:57 AM, John McCoy wrote:

I think Sears will go out of business shortly.

I agree with you. I don't think they have a clue how to
solve their problems - they're still trying to figure out
"how do we compete with Walmart", when the world has moved on
and the real competition is the likes of Dollar General (and,
of course, Amazon).

I recently mentioned I was looking to replace my Sony
earphones. Amazon doubled the price from $14 to $27, plus
shipping. I finally found them online at Walmart for $14 and
free shipping. Walmart knows whats up, and if Amazon isn't
careful, it will be in the bag with Sears/Kmart.

Not everything purchased through Amazon is supplied or sold by
Amazon. There are thousands of retailers selling their goods on
Amazon and they ship direct from their stores, and they have all
different prices and many are not even in the ball park of being
competitively priced.

But being aligned with Amazon, the (sheeple) public are convinced
they are getting the deal of the century - just because they bought
it online from Amazon - - - - - - .

Sure. Sometimes paying the $13 is less painful than spending a day
finding the cheapest price.

Not only that, but many times you do indeed get the best price.
If you happen to be within a certain distance of a warehouse you can get
same day delivery.
I had a friend who ordered a printer and had it delivered to his door
two hours later.
He went on Amazon and spent about 15 minutes finding the printer he
needed at the best price, hit a button and had it on his door step 2
hours later.
He could've spent two hours driving around town, from store to store,
wasting gas, wasting time, getting ****ed off in traffic, and gotten the
same printer, maybe at the same price.
But no, he was sitting at home, in his studio, making money, no gas, no
driving, no frustration, and the printer was at his front door in two
hours.

In a way Amazon is merging new school and old school. There was a time
when groceries and drug stores, and appliance stores delivered things to
your home and it was considered normal. Amazon is bringing that back
along with everything that is new in technology and consumerism.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--