Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

On 06 Jan 2017 03:41:11 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

What value? Liability for rent I can see but the era of the mall is
over.

Going back some years we used to go to the mall a couple of times a
month to shop, maybe have lunch or at least a snack. I bet it has
been 3 years since I set foot in a mall, but less than a week since I
made a purchase on line. Sales on line are up 17% last year according
to NBC news.

Amazon also lets me place orders in my underwear. Macy's frowns upon
it.

Malls are now all about the shallow side of the human: cell phones,
clothes, etc. The stores that capture and captivate your attention are
rare. There used to be a Radioshack in every mall (you've got questions,
we've got cell phones!), as well as a KB Toys. Some still have
bookstores, but even they are going to standalone stores.

The "better" malls, here, do. Mostly B&N (Walden Books went under a
long time ago).

I bet Macy's would let you place orders without underwear on. Never seen
"no shoes, no shirt, no underwear, no service." (I have seen "no shoes,
no shirt, no pants, no service.") :-)

Amazon isn't so narrow minded, either. ;-)