Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

On Fri, 6 Jan 2017 00:16:21 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/5/2017 11:37 PM, wrote:

Sears struck me as a company that didn't realize who their competition
was. Prices/quality just aren't competitive with other stores,
especially on common hand tools like levels.

Puckdropper

You mean they didn't play the "compete on price only" game???
Sears didn't kill sears. Nor did Walmart. Nor did the Internet. The
North American Public killed Sears. And are the poorer for it, when
you get right down to brass tacks.

How are we poorer for it? I never thought Sears had anything better
than other stores in terms of price, value, service. Never bough
Kenmore appliances but I do like my 50 year old Craftsman hand tools.

If you could buy 50 year old Craftsman tools, it would be great.