Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

Ed Pawlowski was heard to mutter:
What value? Liability for rent I can see but the era of the mall is over.
Going back some years we used to go to the mall a couple of times a
month to shop, maybe have lunch or at least a snack. I bet it has been
3 years since I set foot in a mall, but less than a week since I made a
purchase on line. Sales on line are up 17% last year according to NBC
news.

Depends on the mall. We've got too many malls in a small radius but
the success scale is all over the map. One enourmous mall is empty
(for several years now) except for an Outdoor World, which is already
slated to move this year. Another mall is so busy it's almost
impossible to get a parking space, especially on weekends. The
difference? Sears and the like are old and dead. Apple, Microsoft and
similar stores are now the huge business draw. On weekends you're
lucky to get a seat in the food court.

Amazon also lets me place orders in my underwear. Macy's frowns upon it.

ROFLMAO! Interesting priorities. As a long time shopper of NYC Macy's,
I thank you for not sharing that habit there.