Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

woodchucker wrote in
:

Yep, not sure how selling off the better selling lines will save
Sears. If you sell them, you get quick cash, but then what?

Sears management beleives (or has deluded themselves into
beleiving, or more likely is trying to delude the share-
holders into beleiving) that with a little time and investment
they can recover the business. With current costs exceeding
revenues, they have neither time nor funds to invest. Hence
the idea that selling assets will give them time & money to
fix the problem.

I think Sears will go out of business shortly.

I agree with you. I don't think they have a clue how to
solve their problems - they're still trying to figure out
"how do we compete with Walmart", when the world has moved
on and the real competition is the likes of Dollar General
(and, of course, Amazon).

John