Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cars have definitely changed

In article ,
Chris B wrote:
On 05/01/2017 18:27, Tim+ wrote:

More seriously, just because the dealer thinks it's the transmission
in this day and age it could just as easily be a £5 sensor somewhere
that's duff.

How many sensors on a modern car can you get for £5. Even on my last
car (a ford Escort) an intermittent problem was diagnosed as one of two
sensors. One at £90 the other over £100. The advice of my local (non
main dealer) garage was the wait till the intermittent problem becomes
permanent - we will then stand a better chance of changing the correct
sensor.

Like all car bits, many of these things are an outrageous price.

--
*WHERE DO FOREST RANGERS GO TO "GET AWAY FROM IT ALL?"

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.