Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Cars have definitely changed

On Thursday, 5 January 2017 22:41:17 UTC, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 05/01/17 21:22, Tim Watts wrote:
On 05/01/17 21:07, Jeff Layman wrote:

I think that Honda makes its consumption figures up anyway. My figures,
based on the trip meter and petrol pump reading average 4 mpg less than
Honda's trip meter consumption reading every time I fill up.

Try "Honest John mpg" - it's a website that collates users' mpg figures
by car.

Interesting link, but it's not clear how the real mpg figure is
obtained. It's not the EC official figure I'm questioning, but the mpg
figure on the car's display.

I checked my average for last year, and the Jazz's displayed mpg average
was 50.3 (Honest John's real mpg figure is 49.6). My calculated average
figure (trip meter mileage divided by petrol pump reading when pump
automatically stops) was 46.3.

--

Jeff

Depends on your driving style and how hilly/bendy the roads are it is round your way.
Alos rural/urban driving is different.