Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 14:33:29 -0500, woodchucker
wrote:

On 1/5/2017 1:40 PM, Leon wrote:
Apparently Craftsman was around before Sears acquired it 90 years ago.
And now Sears is selling Craftsman tools to Stanley.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sears-...--finance.html

Yep, not sure how selling off the better selling lines will save Sears.
If you sell them, you get quick cash, but then what?

Turn the ones you don't close into K-Marts? ...and then close them
next year?

I think Sears will go out of business shortly. Been 2 years that I have
been waiting for them to give up. Last Christmas, no one was in the
store I went to, while all the other stores were packed.

There isn't a Sears store anywhere close to me, so I rarely go there
(even though I have a Sears lawn tractor). One of the stores, on the
other side of town, is in a mall that's so empty that a Korean grocery
store moved into one of the anchor stores. There are so few people in
the mall that you could roll a bowling ball down the middle of the
mall at any time of day and not hit anyone. Nice mall, absolutely
nothing there.

The craftsman line is not what it once was. Too bad. But don't look to
Stanley, B&D to bring it back. They are horrendous at managing the tool
lines..

Dewalt, B&D, Milwaukee, Stanley, are all former shells of what they once
were. The latest one to drop was Milwaukee, with people lamenting that
the quality has dropped.

Even B&D coffee maker sucks now.

I don't see this as a bad thing, nor a good thing.