Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay Jay is offline

Default Kenmore 417 front loader washer: There should be class action suit on this machine!

replying to biguggy, Jay wrote:
You missed one point about galvanic corrosion of the alloy spiders. The
corrosion is occurring where the aluminum spider is attached to the mild steel
shaft at the center of the spider and not the stainless drum. Had the spindle
been constructed of the same grade stainless, the al alloy might not fail at
all. I am sure that the spindle is mild steel after reusing it when I
fabricated a new spider for my machine. My new spider is entirely constructed
of stainless with the exception of the reused spindle.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...io-228602-.htm