berkshire bill

Default DeWalt DW929K-2 Cordless Drill

"MrAoD" wrote in message
Mike asks

The 18 volt is capabl;e of 400lbs torque and the 14 volt is capable of

350
lbs torque. I don't know under which conditions the extra 50lbs of

torque
will be useful. Any examples when the extra 50lbs torque comes in

handy?

Driving lag bolts or large/long screws. Takes a bit of practice but if

you're
careful you won't sheer off many screw heads. Also the extra torque comes

in
handy in situations when you don't want to drill a pilot hole, e.g.
sheetrocking.

My technique is to get the screw seated then "bump" 'em in with short

steady
bursts of power.

People that repair electric motors tell me that is the best way to burn the
armature.

Happy modeming,
Bill