Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Tomatoes from Seed

On Mon, 2 Jan 2017 19:48:17 -0600, "Terry Coombs"

On Mon, 02 Jan 2017 14:42:40 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On Mon, 02 Jan 2017 15:29:16 -0500, wrote:
I looked at the web site and they do not have a zone
number. We are zone 10 and that is brutal on things
that can't handle the heat.

I don't think it matters. I planted 2 sweet 100s nerve to 2
Rapunzel's. They both grew alike in the spring putting out lots of
fruit, but when the high 90s and 100's hit in summer, the sweet 100s
died back and got a fungal disease. The Rapunzel's just kept growing,
kept ripening fruit, and no disease. When temps dropped back to the
low 90s it started blooming again right about the time I gathered a
couple bowls full of fruit. By the time we are all of that, new
fruit was ripening.

I may order a few packs of seeds and give it a shot

Just one tip , seeds like warm earth . Consider getting a heat mat to help
germination . My seed trays are set up on an old desk top that is put in a
south facing window , and some seeds - peppers especially - like the extra
warmth .

Fields in Miami used black plastic. Keeps the heat, nutrients and
water in the rows. Pic: https://tinyurl.com/jmqn6mh

Good soil from a river bank works great. I have even buried dead carp
in gardens. A fish monger will give you buckets of guts to bury.