Posted to alt.home.repair
itsjoannotjoann itsjoannotjoann is offline

Default Tomatoes from Seed

On Sunday, January 1, 2017 at 8:58:41 PM UTC-6, wrote:

On Sun, 1 Jan 2017 18:17:20 -0800 (PST), ItsJoanNotJoann
wrote:

On Sunday, January 1, 2017 at 7:01:39 PM UTC-6, Oren wrote:

This past summer I had a cherry tomato plant sprout at my front
porch steps. Either a bird or squirrel dropped or pooped tomato
seeds there as I've NEVER planted tomatoes. I had l-o-t-s of
cherry tomatoes until frost.

Did you buy sod, sludge or organic fertilizer recently? Tomato seeds
survive a trip through the digestive system.
When they were recycling sludge in DC everyone had cherry tomatoes in
their yard if they were anywhere in that stream.

No, nothing had been done to the flower bed in a couple of
years. There was mulch already in there and that one tomato
plant grew to well over 6 feet tall. I knew I had done nothing
so it had to be a bird or a squirrel.