Andrew McKay

Default Automatic garage door - any suggestions?

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:50:39 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

Are you sure that the canopy arm is actually needed? When I did
mine, the instructions suggest that one is, by the design of the door,
but in fact it isn't

Well.....

I hear where you are coming from, but the canopy door levels out
horizontally. And prior to fitting the opener I tried applying
pressure on the top of the door in a horizontal direction - it
wouldn't budge.

Hence why I went for the canopy arm, because I believe that splits the
horizontal movement to a force direction which causes the door to
close.

I suppose I could try it without, but I was a bit worried about
knadgering the drive system and maybe having the door fall off through
being given some brute force in a direction it decided to resist

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk