Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Tomatoes from Seed

On Sun, 1 Jan 2017 18:17:20 -0800 (PST), ItsJoanNotJoann
wrote:

On Sunday, January 1, 2017 at 7:01:39 PM UTC-6, Oren wrote:

I was kinda serious. I planted 6 or 8 4" inch plants and never had to
buy any more, a garden in PA. Tomatoes that fell on the ground,
eventually sprouted hundreds of plants the next spring. I gave
dozens to neighbors, made sauce, etc. The tomatoes will sprout in a
good soil, before you ever plant.

This past summer I had a cherry tomato plant sprout at my front
porch steps. Either a bird or squirrel dropped or pooped tomato
seeds there as I've NEVER planted tomatoes. I had l-o-t-s of
cherry tomatoes until frost.

Here in the desert I see small palm trees growing along the freeway,
small ones that were not likely planted by the city or workers. My
guess is seeds fell off trees being transported for a landscape
project somewhere. The seeds sprouted, grew small palms, had little
or no water but thrived. They just looked out of place along the
road.

People broadcast grass seed on their lawns and they grow. Folks sprout
bean sprouts in a saucer of water just with a damp napkin. Seeds are
hardy.