Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Pruning trees below freezing?

On Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 9:12:48 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/31/2016 8:02 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Is there anything interesting I can do without hurting myself?

Don't break it, cut it.

https://www.amazon.com/High-Limb-CS-.../dp/B0000AX849

That would be perfect. There are extension pole cutters, but I think
they go to about 16 feet so you'd have to stand on something and not
have much leverage. All you need here is a good arm to get the first
line across.

It appears from his OP that he was able to get a rope over the branch last time, so it
sounds like he's got the arm. It might take a rope *and* the rope saw if he wants to
control where the branch lands.

I have a fiberglass pole pruner that extends to just over 12'. Every couple of years I
trim some branches from a 2nd floor bedroom window. It's pretty awkward pulling the
rope to close the blade while hanging out of the window. The nearby power lines
don't make it any easier.