Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Crime hotspot in N Norfolk

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 18:42:48 -0000, GB wrote:

On 31/12/2016 18:27, GB wrote:
On 31/12/2016 18:04, Bob Eager wrote:

Watch out for the follow-up crime when someone in a white camper van
pours plaster of paris into the prints.

I think I mentioned that one.

I was in town today, so viewed the offending concrete. There are indeed
two or three footprints in the concrete, quite shallow.

I'd fill them in in a deliberately contrasting colour and make it a fun
feature. I was told that the builder wants £1,000 to dig the lot up and
relay it.

Actually, that sounds unkind to the builder, which I didn't mean to be..
He's done a really rather nice job of laying the concrete, and he's
obviously a perfectionist. The footprints spoil the effect he intended..

However, leaving the footprints going across it and filling them in a
contrasting colour would be quite a fun way of dealing with it, at
minimal expense.

Or if he wants it to look as originally intended, just fill them in with the same colour!

--
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase...the human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who do survive. -- Frank Herbert (Dune)