Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Crime hotspot in N Norfolk

"GB" wrote in message
news
On 31/12/2016 18:27, GB wrote:
On 31/12/2016 18:04, Bob Eager wrote:

Watch out for the follow-up crime when someone in a white camper van
pours plaster of paris into the prints.

I think I mentioned that one.

I was in town today, so viewed the offending concrete. There are indeed
two or three footprints in the concrete, quite shallow.

I'd fill them in in a deliberately contrasting colour and make it a fun
feature. I was told that the builder wants £1,000 to dig the lot up and
relay it.

Actually, that sounds unkind to the builder, which I didn't mean to be.
He's done a really rather nice job of laying the concrete, and he's
obviously a perfectionist. The footprints spoil the effect he intended.

However, leaving the footprints going across it and filling them in a
contrasting colour would be quite a fun way of dealing with it, at minimal
expense.

Doubt it would last long if they are shallow.