Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_14_] Peter[_14_] is offline

Default Ticks working in the back yard clearing brush

On 12/29/2016 9:22 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Gijs Van Dijk:
What do you do to ... to prevent disease?

I have stopped going where I get ticks.

Every bird watcher I know has serious Lyme disease, as does the
misguided gardener in New Jersey (the Jersey shore is crawling
with the things).

When I saw your second pic link, a little voice in my head said
"Lyme Disease Bullseye Rash". If I had that I could get myself to
a competent doctor ASAP. Without prompt treatment, Lyme goes into
the cartilage of the joints and then you have it for life .

I guess that's why I haven't had a lot of the problems others
describe , I got treatment as soon as I saw the bullseye rash .

Caution to the majority of readers (non-medical professional) - don't
let the absence of a bulls-eye rash lead you to believe that you may not
have early Lyme disease. According to the CDC website, only 70%-80% of
infected patients have the rash. Some literature reports an even lower
incidence of rash.

See the CDC website for authoritative and rather comprehensive layman's
information on the signs, symptoms, transmission etc. of Lyme disease.

https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/signs_symptoms/